04 July 2011

A Lot of Puttering Around











Today I headed down to the National Gallery to look at some Monet and Van Gogh. I couldn't take pictures of their paintings or any of the impressionist paintings I saw, most of which were amazing, but I did buy post cards and take pictures. So those will be up. I also went to the British Museum to look at their watch and clock exhibit. The clocks and watches were so intricate and generally awesome looking. The most interesting one was a golden boat with a clock face tucked away on deck so that it was hard to tell that it was, in fact, a clock.

Then I went to the Thames to check out the Old Vic theatre and see if we could get Kevin Spacey's autograph; he's in Richard III there, which we're seeing Thursday night. The play is apparently 3 hours and 15 minutes long. The longest by far, so I hope it's good. Anyway, we did not get Spacey's autograph because he didn't come out tonight, but we might try again. I did, however, go through the graffiti tunnel where it's legal to do graffiti. It is a bit sketchy, being a poorly lit tunnel and all practically devoid of people underneath a train station, but it is also really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment