11 June 2011

8 Days Left

I still need to get the rest of the Shakespeare plays I will be reading and the one non-Shakespeare piece of work. And then I actually need to pack, a process which involves me vacuuming rather large amounts of tea out of my suitcase from when a tea bag burst on the way home from North Carolina last month. Now everything going into that suitcase will smell like strawberry lemonade...but that's not such a bad thing.

I also have been slowly but surely coming up with a list of things I want to do in London and Oxford. These include:

-meet David Tennant, who used to be the Doctor in Doctor Who and is in one of the plays we're seeing, Much Ado About Nothing. I put this first because this play is the first thing we're doing.

-Visit the British Library. I walked right past it last time I was in London. I mean, to be fair, we were trying to catch a train. But I want to see it.

-visit museums. My class is literally right next to the British Museum, but there are also a good bit of art museums and museum-y museums around London, and they're all free! I also want to go back to the Imperial War Museum because I went last time and it was fascinating.

-visit a flea market in London.

-visit Cardiff, somewhere in Scotland (Edinburgh/Glasgow?), and Belgium. That last one probably won't happen.

-eat good food. Including fish and chips because I actually really like fish...and chips.

-become significantly better at using an English accent.

There are more things I want to do but I'm too lazy to think them all out right now. So I'll just leave them be for now and think about how annoying packing is but how much I'm going to love being in England once I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment