09 June 2011

10 Days to Go

So...this is my first study abroad experience and it's going to be a good one. I've always loved literature and in high school I really enjoyed the Shakespeare plays we read. However, I haven't read nearly enough of them. Some people might cringe at the thought of spending a summer doing nothing but reading and seeing Shakespeare's plays, but I think there's no better place to do such a thing than England. Also, I enjoy Shakespeare.

Luckily for me I can do such a thing and for my study abroad experience, I'm going to spend three weeks in London and three weeks in Oxford doing nothing but reading and watching some of Shakespeare's plays, among some other plays (War Horse, which is also playing on Broadway, being one of them). I also want to do a lot of exploring in my free time. It should make for an amazing summer.

Right now I'm at home, anxious to leave. It's also almost 3am. Preparations are being made. Passports and other documents are being checked over. Lists of things I need to bring are being prepared. I checked the weather for London today and realized it's actually quite cool, in the 60's and 70's, so my packing might change a bit. I'm also researching things to do and what to eat and how to get to different places. Luckily a trip to London a few years ago familiarized me with some aspects of the city but I'll still be learning a LOT.

There's still a lot to do before the trip. But it seems like 10 days is a pretty long time. Too long. I wish the trip were a lot sooner but it's coming. It just needs to come faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment